M, b. circa 1820, d. between 1860 and 1864
Spencer Milliken was born circa 1820 at McCracken County, Kentucky.1 He was the son of William Milliken and Nancy Ramsey.1 He died between 1860 and 1864.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.491 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
Spencer James Milliken1
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, In a message from James Martin Milliken; 1 Aug 2018.
Stephen C. Milliken
M, b. 9 July 1887, d. 20 December 1985
Stephen C. Milliken was born on 9 July 1887 at Lovelady, Houston County, Texas.1 He was the son of George Benjamin Milliken and Sarah Lucretia Haddox. He married Lula Pearl Sowers, daughter of John F. Sowers and Mary E. White, on 17 December 1916. He died on 20 December 1985 at Houston County, Texas, at age 98.
Children of Stephen C. Milliken and Lula Pearl Sowers
Stephen Lee Milliken1
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Scott", Pg. 378.
Susan Catherine Milliken1
F, b. 24 November 1852
Milliken was born on 24 November 1852.1 She was the daughter of Elias Milliken and Sarah Ann Redding.1 She married Joseph Watts, son of John Watts and Elinor Unknown, on 10 August 1879.1,2
Children of Susan Catherine Milliken and Joseph Watts
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.508 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S87] Blann and Watts Genealogy, online http://www.blannwattsgenealogy.com/index.htm, http://www.blannwattsgenealogy.com/Millikenpage.htm
F, b. 27 February 1831, d. 6 July 1853
Susan Elizabeth Milliken was born on 27 February 1831 at Kentucky.1,3 She was the daughter of William West Milliken and Nancy Leaton.1 She died on 6 July 1853 at Simpson County, Kentucky, at age 22.1,3 She was buried after 6 July 1853 at Simpson County, Kentucky; Note: Although it doesn't seem to be broken, the top part of the stone is missing.3
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, S.E. Millikin, Simpson County Death Records, 1853, accessed 7 Oct 2011 (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/…).
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Leaton", Pg. 377.
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, S E Milliken, Milliken Cemetery SW 10, Simpson County, Kentucky, Created by: Betty Chisholm, Record added: Sep 04, 2009, Find A Grave Memorial# 41543944, accessed 23 Aug 2012 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
Tamara Ann Milliken is the daughter of Samuel Gibbs Milliken Jr. and Edna Marie Splittgerber.1,2 She married Dwight E. Galbi on 2 October 1993 at Travis County, Texas.1,3
- [S100] Legacy.com, online http://www.legacy.com/NS/, Gibbs Milliken, obituary, Austin American-Statesman, November 26, 2007, accessed 18 Aug 2012 (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesman/obituary.aspx).
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Tamara Ann Milliken, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997, accessed 19 Aug 2012.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Tamara Ann Milliken, Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002, accessed 19 Aug 2012.
F, b. 5 November 1965, d. 21 August 1984
Tammy Milliken was born on 5 November 1965 at Tennessee.1,2 She was the daughter of Ervin Dillard Milliken and Ruth Ann Wyatt.1 She died on 21 August 1984 at Tennessee at age 18.1,2 She was buried after 21 August 1984 at Dover, Stewart County, Tennessee.2 After her death, Tammy's parents, Ruth and Ervin Milliken, established an endowment to create the Tammy Jo Milliken Memorial Scholarship in Communication and Theatre. This scholarship was established in 1988 in memory of Tammy Joe Milliken. Her parents, Ruth and Ervin Milliken, APSU alumna, established an endowment to create this scholarship, which is to be awarded each calendar year to a graduate of Northwest High School in Montgomery County. The recipient of this scholarship must be in the upper 25 percent of the high school graduating class, have a minimum ACT Composite score of 20 and an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), be an entering freshman at Austin Peay, and should be planning to major in Communication and Theatre. This scholarship can be renewed for subsequent academic years, provided a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is maintained each year. The monetary value of the scholarship will vary after the freshman year. The student must complete a minimum of 12 hours each semester. Selection is made by the Chair of the Communication and Theatre Department based on recommendations by department faculty members and the Northwest High school principal and faculty. This scholarship award is $1,500 for the first year and can apply to tuition, fees, books, housing, meals or any other college-related expenses. Application forms are available in the guidance office at Northwest High School or the Communication and Theatre Department at APSU. Eligibility: Graduate of Northwest HS in Montgomery County, upper 25% of class, min ACT 20, min 3.0 GPA, entering freshman majoring in Comm and Theatre.3
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, Milliken Surnames, Ervin Milliken obituary, posted 12 Apr 2007 (http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.milliken/312.1/mb.ashx).
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, Tammy Jo Milliken, Fort Donelson National Cemetery, Dover, Stewart County, Tennessee, USA, Plot: 1469, Created by: LesaK, Record added: Oct 12, 2008, Memorial# 30537313, Accessed: 17 Nov 2013 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
- [S265] Cappex website, online https://www.cappex.com/, Tammy Jo Milliken Memorial Scholarship in Communication and Theatre, Accessed 17 Nov 2013 (https://www.cappex.com/page/meritAid/programDetail.jsp).
Tara Milliken is the daughter of James Garland Milliken and Jill Perry.1,2 She married Jeffery Wiese on 6 September 2008.3
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, In a message from Tara Milliken Wiese, 10 Dec 2013, 2:42 P.M.
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, In a message from Jimmy Milliken, 9 May 2019.
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, Tara Milliken Wiese's profile page, Accessed: 10 Dec 2013 (https://www.facebook.com/tara.wiese/about).
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, on Tara Milliken Weise's timeline posting, Accessed: 18 Aug 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/tara.wiese/videos/…).
Terry Lewis Milliken1
Terry Lewis Milliken is the son of Irie Lewis Milliken and Odessa Summers.1 He married Melissa Dawn Seay, daughter of James Lewis Seay and Nancy Bryant, on 21 September 1985 at Clarksville, Montgomery County, Tennessee.1
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Newspapers.com Marriage Index, 1800s-1999 [database on-line]; Terry Milliken engagement; The Leaf-Chronicle; Publication Date: 4/ Aug/ 1985; Publication Place: Clarksville, Tennessee, USA; URL: https://www.newspapers.com/image/367147864/,0.07900311,0.640523,0.25140312&xid=3398; Accessed: 12 Dec 2020.