Harvey Arthur Milliken Sr.1
M, b. 8 October 1890, d. 3 April 1955
Harvey Arthur Milliken Sr. was born on 8 October 1890 at Houston County, Texas.1 He was the son of John Hugh Milliken and Mary Keziah Goodman.1 He married Ella Blanche Higginbotham on 23 August 1911 at Houston County, Texas. He died on 3 April 1955 at Houston, Harris County, Texas, at age 64. He was buried on 5 April 1955 at Houston County, Texas.
Children of Harvey Arthur Milliken Sr. and Ella Blanche Higginbotham
- [S5] Mary Ellen Dorsey, "Descendants of Charles Milliken."
Helen Milliken is the daughter of George Duncan Milliken Sr. and Nan Motley.1 She married Byron Ogden after 1938.1
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Leaton", Pg. 377.
M, b. after 1816
Henry Burns Milliken1
M, b. 18 March 1878, d. 3 November 1938
Henry Burns Milliken also went by the name of Harry.2 He was born on 18 March 1878.1,2 He was the son of L. Hiram Milliken and Elizabeth Owings Burns.1 He married Elizabeth Sloan Plaster after 1894. He died on 3 November 1938 at age 60.1,2
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, Elizabeth Owings "Betsey" Burns Milliken, Burial: Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Jefferson County,
Kentucky, USA, Plot: Sec A, Lot 443, Created by: David L Gray, Record added: Mar 30, 2014 , Memorial# 76955827, Accessed: 26 Nov 2015 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, Henry Burns "Harry" Milliken, Burial: Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Jefferson County,
Kentucky, USA, Plot: Sec A, Lot 711-NW1/2, Created by: David L Gray, Record added: Mar 30, 2014 , Memorial# 127167239, Accessed: 26 Nov 2015 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
Herbert Bryant Milliken1
M, b. 27 March 1866
Herbert Bryant Milliken was born on 27 March 1866.1 He was the son of Amos Kendall Milliken and Josephine Mitchiner.1 He married Sarah Need in October 1897 at USA.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Children of Amos K. and Josephine Mitchiner, "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 509-510.
M, b. after 1876
Herman Milliken was born after 1876 at USA. He was the son of Charles John Milliken and Unknown Crawford.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, William M. Milliken, Charles John Milliken "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 495-496.
Herman Alfred Milliken1
M, b. 6 August 1890, d. 24 October 1974
Herman Alfred Milliken was born on 6 August 1890 at Stewart County, Tennessee.1 He was the son of John Beard Milliken and Annie E. Grizzard.1 He married Lula C. Gafford, daughter of Robert C. Gafford and Martha Annie Minervia Green, on 30 January 1911 at Stewart County, Tennessee.1,2 He died on 24 October 1974 at Dover, Stewart County, Tennessee, at age 84.1 He was buried after 24 October 1974 at Stewart County, Tennessee.
Children of Herman Alfred Milliken and Lula C. Gafford
- Frances Velma Milliken+3 b. 21 Nov 1911, d. 21 Sep 2010
- Leslie Milliken3 b. 6 Mar 1914, d. 28 Sep 1994
- Bertha Milliken+3 b. 28 May 1916, d. 21 Feb 1984
- Lola Mae Milliken3 b. 26 Apr 1918, d. 23 Sep 2015
- Mattie Milliken3
- Thomas Milliken3 b. c 1922, d. b Sep 2010
- Willie Louise Milliken3 b. c 1925, d. b Sep 2010
- John Robert Milliken4 b. 30 Dec 1926, d. 31 Dec 1926
- James Milliken3
- Douglas Henry Milliken3 b. 6 May 1931, d. 24 Feb 2014
- Marvelee Milliken5 b. 22 Aug 1934, d. 22 Apr 1935
- [S90] Stewart-Houston Times, Obituary Notice, Tuesday, 29 Oct 1974, Pg. A-2.
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Tennessee State Marriage Index, 1780-2002," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VN6P-WNY : 4 December 2014), Hermon Milliken and Lula Gafford, 30 Jan 1911; from "Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002," database and images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2008); citing p. 4, Stewart, Tennessee, United States, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville, Tennessee.
- [S35] Tennessee GenWeb, online http://www.tngenweb.org/, Montgomery County, Louise Wyatt Collection, Bertha Milliken Wyatt obituary (http://www.tngenweb.org/montgomery/lwyatt/wyattobit11.html).
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Tennessee Deaths, 1914-1966," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NS34-MZL : 11 October 2018), Lula Gafford in entry for John Robbert Milliken, 31 Dec 1926; Death, Stewart, Tennessee, United States, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Tennessee, U.S., Death Records, 1908-1965 [database on-line]; Marvelee Milliken; Tennessee State Library and Archives; Nashville, Tennessee; Tennessee Death Records, 1908-1958; Roll Number: 4; Original data: Tennessee Death Records, 1908-1965. Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee State Library and Archives; Accessed: 12 Dec 2020.
M, b. circa 1915, d. 1985
Hershel Milliken was born circa 1915 at Stewart County, Tennessee.1 He was the son of Alfred Hill Milliken and Laura Louise Grizzard.1 He married Bula Lois Jackson, daughter of Amos Jackson and Sally Austin, circa 1931.2 He died in 1985.3
Children of Hershel Milliken and Bula Lois Jackson
- [S35] Tennessee GenWeb, online http://www.tngenweb.org/, 1930 Census of Stewart County (http://www.tngenweb.org/stewart/1930TNStewart.txt).
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, Milliken Surnames, Ervin Milliken obituary, posted 12 Apr 2007 (http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.milliken/312.1/mb.ashx).
- [S105] Interview, Irie Milliken, various dates, via telephone on 25 Oct 2010.
- [S365] Neal-Tarpley-Parchman, online https://www.nealtarpleyparchman.com/, Irie Lewis Milliken Obituary; Accessed: 10 Feb 2020 (https://www.nealtarpleyparchman.com/tributes/Irie-Milliken).
Milliken is the daughter of Timothy Milliken and Annette Fay Najvar.1