M, b. circa 1843
William N. Hessey was born circa 1843 at Tennessee.1 He was the son of Reverend John Hewgley Hessey and Mary Murry.1
- [S188] 1850 U.S. Census, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 25, Wilson, Tennessee; Roll: M432_901; Page: 439A; Image: 258; Original data: Seventh Census of the United States, 1850; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, 1009 rolls); Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29; National Archives, Washington, D.C.; accessed 7 Aug 2012.
- [S189] 1860 U.S. Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: District 25, Wilson, Tennessee; Roll: M653_1280; Page: 473; Image: 461; Family History Library Film: 805280, Original data: 1860 U.S. census, population schedule. NARA microfilm publication M653, 1,438 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d., accessed 8 Aug 2012.
Martha Doris Hester
F, b. 30 March 1903, d. July 1975
Martha Doris Hester was born on 30 March 1903 at Texas. She married Emmett Dean Richardson, son of Thadeus Claudius Richardson and Una Palestine Dorn, circa 1923. She died in July 1975 at Midland, Midland County, Texas, at age 72.
- Bow Family
Mary Hester married Henry Bow, son of Jacob Bow and Jemima Ragland, on 2 February 1788 at Pittsylvania County, Virginia.1,2
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, Mary Bow's Family Tree (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi).
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Henry Bowe, online database source: "Virginia, Marriages, 1660-1800" by Jordan Dodd, accessed 5 Oct 2012.
- [S85] Genealogy.com, online http://genealogy.com, Bow Family Genealogy Forum, "1900 married james calvin bow an mary frances norris", posted by: Vickie Rush, 15 Sep 2010, accessed 5 Oct 2012 (http://genforum.com/bow/messages/139.html).
Ollie Faye Hester1
F, d. before March 2013
Ollie Faye Hester was also known as Faye.2 She married Naron Alford Parker, son of J.B. Parker and Katie Edna Milliken, on 7 August 1965 at Stewart County, Tennessee.1 She died before March 2013.1
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Tennessee State Marriage Index, 1780-2002," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VN6G-162 : 4 December 2014), Naron Alford Parker and Ollie Faye Hester, 07 Aug 1965; from "Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002," database and images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2008); citing p. 468, Stewart, Tennessee, United States, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville, Tennessee.
- [S100] Legacy.com, online http://www.legacy.com/NS/, Naron Alford Parker obituary, Publisher: The Leaf Chronicle, Date: 17 Mar 2013, Accessed: 24 Sep 2017 (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theleafchronicle/…).
F, b. 11 February 1774, d. 6 August 1856
Rebecca Hewgley was born on 11 February 1774 at Herndon, Fairfax County, Virginia.1 She was the daughter of Jacob Hewgley.1 She married Reverend John H. Hessey before 1800. She died on 6 August 1856 at Wilson County, Tennessee, at age 82.1
Child of Rebecca Hewgley and Reverend John H. Hessey
F, b. circa 1802
Mary W. Hickman was born circa 1802 at North Carolina.1 She married John Darter on 1 February 1822 at Saint Clair County, Illinois.1,2
Children of Mary W. Hickman and John Darter
Katherine Hicks married Joseph Gilbert Milliken, son of Douglas Gilbert Milliken and Karen Estes, on 17 August 2019 at Smiths Grove, Warren County, Kentucky.1
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, From messages with Doug Milliken (9 Sep 2019) and from information on Joseph Milliken's "About" page; Accessed: 20 Oct 2019.
Ella Blanche Higginbotham
F, b. 12 February 1896, d. circa 1974
Ella Blanche Higginbotham was born on 12 February 1896 at Elkhart, Anderson County, Texas. She married Harvey Arthur Milliken Sr., son of John Hugh Milliken and Mary Keziah Goodman, on 23 August 1911 at Houston County, Texas. She died circa 1974.
M, b. 31 December 1921, d. 8 September 1998
- Jordan Family
Charles Edwin Hill was born on 31 December 1921 at Ogdensburg, Saint Lawrence County, New York.3 He was the son of Reuben Charles Aaron Hill and Dorothy Alice Eldridge.4,5 He served in the US Navy sometime between 1940 and 1945.6 He married Gladys Alice Jordan, daughter of Archer Edson Jordan II and Ivah Viola Page, on 26 June 1947 at Parishville, Saint Lawrence County, New York.1 He died on 8 September 1998 at Essex Junction, Chittenden County, Vermont, at age 76.3 He was buried on 10 September 1998 at Randolph Center, Orange County, Vermont.3
Children of Charles Edwin Hill and Gladys Alice Jordan
- [S98] Potsdam Herald-Recorder, online, Wednesday, Mar 10, 1948, Pg.6.
- [S99] Potsdam Courier Freeman, online, Wednesday, Jun 25, 1947, Pg.1.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Vermont Death Records, 1909-2008, Charles Edwin Hill death certificate, accessed 31 Dec 2011.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Hill Family Tree, Reuben Charles Aaron Hill, accessed 31 Dec 2011 (http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/15537806/person/278330083).
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Hill Family Tree, Dorothy Alice Eldridge, accessed 31 Dec 2011 (http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/15537806/person/291209439).
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca. 1775-2006, Charles Edwin Hill, accessed 31 dec 2011.
- [S247] Interview, Lauel Jane Jordan Foster, 17 Aug 2013 at the home of Keith & Sherry Jordan Hunter.