Robert Hamilton Milliken
M, b. 1836, d. after August 1863
Robert Hamilton Milliken was born on 11 July 1830 Alternate birth date.1 He was born in 1836 at Calloway, Kentucky. He was the son of Leonard Hugh Milliken and Mary Copeland. He married Sarah Ann Wortham, daughter of Joseph White Wortham and Mourning Hallmark, circa 1858. He died after August 1863 at Dew, Freestone County, Texas.
Children of Robert Hamilton Milliken and Sarah Ann Wortham
- [S5] Mary Ellen Dorsey, "Descendants of Charles Milliken."
Robert Hamilton Milliken
M, b. 18 August 1912, d. 6 March 1977
Robert Hamilton Milliken also went by the name of Bob.1 He was born on 18 August 1912 at Mount Zion, Freestone County, Texas. He was the son of Robert Harris Milliken and Francis Isabelle Ham. He married Sue Elizabeth Edwards, daughter of Roy Edwards and Sudie May Galloway, after 1930. He died on 6 March 1977 at Harris County, Texas, at age 64.2
Children of Robert Hamilton Milliken and Sue Elizabeth Edwards
- [S181] 1940 U.S. Census, "United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K47J-KTW : accessed 15 Nov 2014), Sue E Milliken in household of Bob Milliken, Ward 21, Fort Worth, Justice Precinct 1, Tarrant, Texas, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 257-136, sheet 12A, family 284, NARA digital publication of T627, roll 4188, NARA digital publication of T627, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D.C.
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, Harris County, TX - Deaths 1977; http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/harris/vitals/deaths/1977/…
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V8H7-WV4 : accessed 15 Nov 2014), Sue Elizabeth Edwards in entry for Vernie Eugenia Milliken, 23 Jul 1945; from "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997," index and images, Ancestry.com; citing Texas Department of State Health Services.
- [S289] Houston News, online http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/, Archived Obituary: MILLIKEN, Sue E. ; Posted: Monday, August 1, 2005 12:00 am; Updated: 12:12 am, Mon Nov 22, 2010; Accessed: 14 Nov 2014 (http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/archives/milliken-sue-e/…).
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V8DV-KJ1 : accessed 15 Nov 2014), Richard Alden Milliken, 28 Jul 1953; from "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997," index and images, Ancestry.com; citing Texas Department of State Health Services.
Robert Harris Milliken
M, b. 18 July 1863, d. 27 November 1947
Robert Harris Milliken was born on 18 July 1863 at Houston County, Texas. He was the son of Robert Hamilton Milliken and Sarah Ann Wortham. He married Francis Isabelle Ham, daughter of Henry Russell Ham and Alcy Emmaline Reese, on 13 December 1885 at Dew, Freestone County, Texas; (alt. date 18 Dec. 1885.)1 He appeared on the census of 1 June 1900 at Freestone County, Texas; the Milliken family.2 He died on 27 November 1947 at Handley, Tarrant County, Texas, at age 84. He was buried after 27 November 1947 at Freestone County, Texas.3
Children of Robert Harris Milliken and Francis Isabelle Ham
- Ammah Grace Milliken+ b. 15 Feb 1887, d. 26 Aug 1971
- Albert E. Milliken b. 11 Sep 1888, d. 14 Aug 1889
- Walter Clarence Milliken+ b. 8 Jun 1890, d. 8 Nov 1975
- Russell Franklin Milliken Sr.+ b. 3 Mar 1892, d. 27 Mar 1941
- Annie Lizzie Milliken b. 15 Dec 1893, d. 11 Sep 1990
- Eugene Benson Milliken b. 6 Apr 1896, d. 28 Jun 1901
- Angie Mae Milliken b. 13 Oct 1898, d. 20 Oct 1926
- Gurley Lee Milliken+ b. 30 Sep 1901, d. 14 Feb 1981
- Bobbie Louise Milliken+ b. 25 Jul 1903, d. 20 Dec 1982
- Agnes Agatha Milliken b. 2 Sep 1905, d. 10 Jul 1906
- Robert Hamilton Milliken+ b. 18 Aug 1912, d. 6 Mar 1977
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, "Freestone County Vital Records", Freestone County Marriages, http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/freestone/vitals/marriages/…
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, 1900 U.S. census, Freestone County, Texas, Schedule No. 1 Population, Precinct No. 5 Enumeration district 41, sheet 1A, dwelling 11, family 12, Robert H. Milliken family; digital image, FamilySearch.org (http://familysearch.org : accessed 17 July 2008); citing Genealogical Society of Utah film 1241636, image 802.
- [S8] Unknown short title, online unknown url.
Robert Milliken Jr.1
M, b. circa 1795, d. 26 November 1857
Robert Milliken Jr. was born circa 1795 at Orange County, North Carolina.1,2 He was the son of Robert Milliken and Jane Unknown.1 He married Christean Turner, daughter of James Turner and Mary Patton, on 5 May 1809 at Orange County, North Carolina.1,2,3 He and Christean Turner lived after 1820 at Lewis County, Tennessee; was probably Lawrence County at the time.2 He died on 26 November 1857 at Lawrence County, Tennessee.2,4
Children of Robert Milliken Jr. and Christean Turner
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.481 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S102] Lewis County Historical Society, Lewis County, Tennessee, Pg. 170.
- [S171] Compiler unknown, Marriages of Orange County NC, Millican, Robert & Christean Turner, 5 May 1809; James Milliken, bm, Pg. 209, accessed via Google Books 1 Apr 2012.
- [S103] TNGenWeb Lewis County, online http://www.tngenweb.org/lewis/, Bible of James Turner Milliken, Transcribed by: Cheryl Zelek, 26 Apr 2000, Accessed: 11 Oct 2013 (http://www.tngenweb.org/lewis/pollock_milliken_bible.htm).
Robert Luther Milliken
M, b. 18 July 1928, d. 21 August 1993
Robert Luther Milliken was born on 18 July 1928 at Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas.1 He was the son of Russell Franklin Milliken Sr. and Laura Edna Richardson. He lived with Russell Franklin Milliken Sr. on 16 April 1940 at Mitchell County, Texas.2 He married Pat Unknown after 1948. He died on 21 August 1993 at Houston, Harris County, Texas, at age 65.1
Robert Minor Milliken
M, b. 24 July 1880, d. 3 August 1938
Robert Minor Milliken was born on 24 July 1880 at Simpson County, Kentucky, possibly 18 May 1879.1,2 He was the son of Dr. John Robert Milliken and Elizabeth Ann Neely.3,4 He married Nannie Bradshaw after 1900.5 He died on 3 August 1938 at Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, at age 58.2
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, 1880 US Census, Simpson County, Kentucky, ED 220, Pg 1A, accessed 6 Oct 2011.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Robert M Milliken, Kentucky, Death Records, 1852-1953 (accessed 28 Sep 2012).
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg. 510.
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Neely", Pg. 378.
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Leaton", Pg. 377.
Robert P. Milliken1
M, b. 3 October 1855, d. 20 May 1934
Robert P. Milliken was born on 3 October 1855 at Tennessee.1,2 He was the son of Charles C. Milliken and Cornelia A. Perdue.1 He married Nancy E. Hale on 14 December 1889 at Lewis County, Tennessee.1,2 He died on 20 May 1934 at Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, at age 78.1,2 He was buried after 20 May 1934 at Lawrence County, Tennessee; Son of Charles Milliken and Cornelia A Pardue
Husband of Nancy Hale
Married 12/14/1889 Lewis Co, TN.2
Husband of Nancy Hale
Married 12/14/1889 Lewis Co, TN.2
- [S102] Lewis County Historical Society, Lewis County, Tennessee, Pg. 169.
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, Robert P Milliken, Old Salem Cemetery, Summertown, Lawrence County, Tennessee, Created by: CDavis, Record added: Nov 28, 2011, Memorial# 81130035, Accessed: 13 Feb 2014 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
Robert Perkins Milliken1
- [S85] Genealogy.com, online http://genealogy.com, George Hugh Milliken, "Descendents of Jacob Hendricks and Alfred Allen of Kentucky", Compiler: Berry, Martha Henry, Accessed: 17 Nov 2013 (http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/e/r/…).
F, b. 3 August 1880
Roe Milliken was born on 3 August 1880 at Henry County, Tennessee.1 She was the daughter of William M. Milliken and Sarah Unknown.1 She married Robert Armstead Clark on 25 August 1899 at USA.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, William M. Milliken, Roe Milliken "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 495-496.
- [S104] The Leaf Chronicle Online, online http://www.theleafchronicle.com/, Russell Milliken Obituary, Published in The Leaf Chronicle, May 29, 2012, accessed 30 Apr 2013 (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theleafchronicle/…).