Theoplous Elvan Milliken
M, b. 12 April 1875, d. 16 May 1945
Theoplous Elvan Milliken was born on 12 April 1875 at Houston County, Texas. He was the son of John Hugh Milliken and Mary Keziah Goodman. He married Minerva Ola McCullar, daughter of George Franklin McCullar Sr. and Mary Caroline Bartee, on 4 January 1905 at Houston County, Texas. He died on 16 May 1945 at Galveston, Galveston County, Texas, at age 70. He was buried on 17 May 1945 at Lovelady, Houston County, Texas.
M, b. circa 1922, d. before September 2010
Thomas Milliken was born circa 1922 at Stewart County, Tennessee.1,2 He was the son of Herman Alfred Milliken and Lula M. Gafford.1 He died before September 2010.3
- [S35] Tennessee GenWeb, online http://www.tngenweb.org/, Montgomery County, Louise Wyatt Collection, Bertha Milliken Wyatt obituary (http://www.tngenweb.org/montgomery/lwyatt/wyattobit11.html).
- [S35] Tennessee GenWeb, online http://www.tngenweb.org/, 1930 Census of Stewart County (http://www.tngenweb.org/stewart/1930TNStewart.txt).
- [S104] The Leaf Chronicle Online, online http://www.theleafchronicle.com/, Obituary of Frances Velma Rosson published 23 Sep 2010. Electronically listed on Legacy.com (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theleafchronicle/…).
M, b. after 1880
Thomas Milliken was born after 1880 at USA.1 He was the son of William Alexander Milliken and Unknown Crowder.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, William M. Milliken, William Alexander Milliken "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 495-496.
Thomas Gillespie Milliken1
M, b. 13 November 1881, d. 9 June 1938
Thomas Gillespie Milliken was born on 13 November 1881 at Lewisville, Denton County, Texas.1,2,3,4 He was the son of William Dickerson Milliken Sr. and Margaret Crockett Young.5 He was an attorney after 1902 at Dallas, Dallas County, Texas.3,6 He died on 9 June 1938 at Houston, Harris County, Texas, at age 56.3 He was buried on 10 June 1938 at Lewisville, Denton County, Texas.
- [S5] Mary Ellen Dorsey, "Descendants of Charles Milliken", Person ID #478.
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.502 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S78] Fold3.com, online http://www.fold3.com, Texas death certificate, T.G. Milliken.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, ThomasGillespie Milliken WWI Draft Registration, accessed 4 Oct 2011.
- [S5] Mary Ellen Dorsey, "Descendants of Charles Milliken."
- [S202] W.J. Maxwell, UT General Register, Thomas G. Milliken, Pg. 318, 1917 edition.
Thomas Henry Milliken
M, b. 11 December 1870, d. 3 June 1924
Thomas Henry Milliken was born on 11 December 1870 at Simpson County, Kentucky, possibly 1872 according to his death certificate.1,2 He was the son of Dr. John Robert Milliken and Elizabeth Ann Neely.3,4 He married Rose Morris, daughter of Benjamin F. Morris and Josephina A. Unknown, after 1890.5 He died on 3 June 1924 at Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, at age 53.2 Milliken - At Lucy Brinkley Hospital Tuesday morning, June 3, 1924, at 12:10 o'clock. Thomas Henry Milliken, aged 52 years; father of Bettie Rose Milliken; brother of C.W., F.N., J.S., J.H., and R.M. Milliken of Louisville, Ky., and G.D. Milliken of Bowling Green, Ky. Funeral services conducted by Dr. W.M. Bostick, will be held in Thompson's Mortuary this (Wednesday) afternoon at 3 o'clock. Friends of the family are invited. Interment n Forest Hill Cemetery. Louisville and Bowling Green, Ky., papers please copy. Pall bearers: M.H. Callicott, M.B. McGes, Tom Dunlap, Ben Hamilton, Walter Hunter, J.K. Mitchell, Lew Tisdale and J.H. Stewart.6
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, 1880 US Census, Simpson County, Kentucky, ED 220, Pg 1A, accessed 6 Oct 2011.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Thomas Henry Milliken, Tennessee, Death Records, 1908-1958 (accessed 28 Sep 2012).
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg. 510.
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Neely", Pg. 378.
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Leaton", Pg. 377.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Message Boards, MILLIKEN-MORRIS, Provided By: Carole McCaig, 7 Oct 2006, Originally Published: Commercial Appeal newspaper, Memphis, TN, Accessed: 31 Dec 2013 (http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx).
Thomas Henry Milliken
M, b. 25 July 1913, d. 3 May 1945
Thomas Henry Milliken also went by the name of Tom.1 He was born on 25 July 1913 at Middleton, Simpson County, Kentucky.2,3 He was the son of John Harbison Milliken and Katherine Stowers.3 He died on 3 May 1945 at Kerama Islands, Shimajiri District, Okinawa Island, at age 31.4,5,6
- [S203] Lu Ann and Joseph Stowers Stone Ferguson, Stowers Family History, Katherine Stowers, Pg. 46, accessed 22 Aug 2012.
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, Milliken, Pg. 376.
- [S203] Lu Ann and Joseph Stowers Stone Ferguson, Stowers Family History, Katherine (Kitty) Stowers, Pg. 57, accessed 23 Aug 2012.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Thomas H. Milliken, World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas, accessed 7 Oct 2011.
- [S151] USS LMR(R) 188-199, online http://sites.google.com/site/usslsmr188199/home, USS LSM(R)-195, Ensign Thomas H. Milliken, accessed 7 Oct 2011 (http://sites.google.com/site/usslsmr188199/home).
- [S145] Wikipedia.org, online http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, USS LSM(R)-195, accessed 7 Oct 2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_LSM%28R%29_195).
Thomas Richard Milliken1
M, b. 9 December 1859
Thomas Richard Milliken was born on 9 December 1859.1 He was the son of Elias Milliken and Sarah Ann Redding.1 He married Martha Ellen Chambless on 19 November 1885.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.508 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
Milliken is the son of Robert Luther Milliken and Pat Unknown. He married Annette Fay Najvar after 1986.1
M, b. between 1810 and 1812, d. 21 July 1866
Turner Milliken was born between 1810 and 1812 at Orange County, North Carolina.1 He was the son of Robert Milliken Jr. and Christean Turner.1 He died on 21 July 1866 at Lawrence County, Tennessee.1
- [S102] Lewis County Historical Society, Lewis County, Tennessee, Pg. 170.