Bobbie Louise Milliken
F, b. 25 July 1903, d. 20 December 1982
Milliken was born on 25 July 1903 at Dew, Freestone County, Texas.1,2 She was the daughter of Robert Harris Milliken and Francis Isabelle Ham. She married James Monroe Thompson Jr., son of James Monroe Thompson Sr. and Sarah Frances Telfair, on 23 December 1923 at Houston, Harris County, Texas.3 She died on 20 December 1982 at age 79.
Child of Bobbie Louise Milliken and James Monroe Thompson Jr.
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, "Freestone County, Texas Vitals 1903 Birth Records", Freestone County Births, http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/freestone/vitals/births/…
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Texas Birth Certificates, 1903-1935," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VX9D-SDR : 4 December 2014), Bobbie L Milliken, 25 Jul 1903; citing Dew, Freestone, Texas, United States, certificate 67789, Bureau of Vital Statistics. State Registrar Office, Austin; FHL microfilm 2,380,521.
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, Pedigree Resource File, Disk#39, PIN#221524.
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
Bobby Dale Milliken is the son of Deral Allen Milliken Sr. and Nelda Ruth Barron.1 He married Rhonda M. Popham on 15 October 1983 at Williamson County, Texas.1
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, Williamson County, TX - Marriages 1983 (http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/williamson/vitals/…).
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, Milliken, Bobby Dale, confirmed in a message from Natalie LeGalley-Milliken, 27 Dec 2011.
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, Milliken, Michael, confirmed in a message from Natalie LeGalley-Milliken, 27 Dec 2011.
Brad Russell Milliken
Milliken is the son of Billie Alton Milliken and Ila Lee York. He married Chantal M. Sharp, daughter of Robert Sharp and Mireille Michelle Unknown, on 20 May 1977 at Howard County, Texas.
- [S82] Facebook, online www.facebook.com, In a message from Craig Milliken, 4 Feb 2011.
Bruce Alan Milliken III
Bruce Alan Milliken III is the son of Russell Franklin Milliken Jr. and Nelda Jo York. He married Marsha A. Campbell on 4 July 1968 at Midland, Midland County, Texas.1 He and Marsha A. Campbell were divorced on 12 September 1978 at Midland, Midland County, Texas.2 He married Jo E. Rogers on 28 October 1978 at Ward County, Texas.3 He and Jo E. Rogers were divorced on 5 December 1979 at Midland, Midland County, Texas.4 He married Laurie K. McIlroy on 25 July 1980 at Midland County, Texas.5 He married Karen Cecelia Chandler, daughter of William David Chandler and Lois Corinne Massey, after 1985.
Children of Bruce Alan Milliken III and Marsha A. Campbell
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/midland/vitals/marriages/…
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/midland/vitals/divorces/…
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/ward/vitals/marriages/1978/…
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/midland/vitals/divorces/…
- [S32] USGenWeb Archives, online http://www.usgwarchives.org/, Midland County, TX - Marriages 1980 (http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/midland/vitals/marriages/…).
Bruce Alan, Jr. Milliken
Callie Faye Milliken1
F, b. 13 August 1917, d. 30 September 2006
Callie Faye Milliken was also known as Caroline Faye.2 She was born on 13 August 1917 at Augusta, Houston County, Texas.1 She was the daughter of Arthur Benjamin Milliken and Callie Hortense McCullar.1 She was educated between 1934 and 1938 at Abilene, Taylor County, Texas.3,4 She graduated in 1938 at Abilene, Taylor County, Texas; with a B.A. in English.3,4 She was employed between 1953 and 1986 at Abilene, Taylor County, Texas.3,4 She died on 30 September 2006 at Longview, Gregg County, Texas, at age 89.1
Callie Faye Milliken (Provided by the Portal to Texas History, hosted by the University of North Texas.)
Callie Faye Milliken, longtime library director at Abilene Christian, dies
Callie Faye Milliken was known by her closest friends as a woman of wisdom, whose nose could almost always be seen buried in a book. ''She just loved books,'' said Maurita Dietz, colleague and long-time friend. ''She loved all kinds of books.'' Milliken, 87, died Saturday at a Longview nursing home after recently suffering a stroke. She will be dearly missed, said Dietz. Milliken moved from East Texas to Abilene in 1934 to attend Abilene Christian College (now know as Abilene Christian University). After her graduation in 1938, Milliken moved to Weldon where she became a teacher. She moved around several times and taught in locations including Grapeland, Joinerville and Houston. She was also the assistant librarian at Sam Houston State University. She finally joined the ACC staff as assistant professor and director of the library in 1953. Dietz said Millikan came to Abilene to work and retire because she just fell in love with the city after attending classes at ACC. Millikan retired after being a member of ACC's staff for 33 years. Milliken is known for directing the planning and building of ACU's Margaret and Herman Brown Library. ''She loved to travel,'' said Dietz, who frequently traveled with Milliken over the years. ''We went to Vienna and I helped her set up a library at the International Christian College in Vienna.'' Erma Jean Loveland, friend and colleague, said Millikan was a very determined woman and played a major part in making Brown Library what it is today. ''It was her heart and soul,'' she said. ''She always tried to provide materials for students in the most efficient manner as possible. She just loved her job.'' Funeral services will be Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Rader Funeral Home, 1617 Judson Road in Longview.
Abilene Reporter-News (TX) - Monday, October 2, 2006
Callie Faye Milliken
Funeral services for Callie Faye Milliken will be held 10 a.m. Wednesday, October 4, 2006, at the chapel of Rader Funeral Home at 1617 Judson Road, with Jerry McGahren and Rodney Cox officiating. Burial will be held 3 p.m. in the Evergreen Cemetery of Lovelady. Callie passed away Saturday, September 30, 2006, in Longview. Callie was born August 13, 1917, in Augusta, to Arthur Benjamin Milliken and Callie Hortense McCullar Milliken. She was raised in Lovelady and graduated from Lovelady High School in 1934 as valedictorian of her class. Continuing her education with the goal of becoming a teacher, Callie earned degrees from Abilene Christian College (later University) and the University of Texas, majoring in English. She taught high school English in Weldon and Grapeland, before becoming a public school librarian. One year was spent in Joinerville and 10 years in Houston public schools. Callie served as head librarian of Abilene Christian from 1953-1977. She took the lead in planning a new library building, and in fall of 1970, the Margaret and Herman Brown Library opened. During this time, Callie also earned an advanced masterÕs degree and doctorate in library science from Florida State University. She continued to work as associate director at Abilene Christian in charge of acquisitions and special collections. Beginning in 1984, Dr. Milliken made many trips to International University of Vienna, Austria to coordinate the library there. Retiring from full-time work in 1987, she was honored by having the ACU Library Special Collection named for her. She moved to Longview in 1988 to be near her family and was a member of the Alpine Church of Christ. She is survived by her sister, Nelda Jean Stewart and husband, Byron of Longview; nephews, David Stewart and wife, Barbara of Dallas, and Mark Stewart and wife, Suzanne of Austin; niece, Nelda Lawrence and husband, James of Catoosa, Okla; great-nephews, Daniel, Greg, and David Stewart of Austin, Austin Lawrence of Boerne, Alec Lawrence and wife, Catie of Abilene, and Eric Alvarez of Westin, Fla; great-niece, Adrienne McKinney and husband, Chris of Sand Springs, Okla; two great-great-nephews, Avery and Kaleb McKinney; and several cousins. The family wishes to thank the caregivers at Summer Meadows, Heritage Health Care Center and Life Hospice for the kindness and care shown Callie. The family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday evening, October 3, 2006, at the funeral home. A memorial guestbook may be signed online at www.raderfh.com.
Longview News-Journal (TX) - Tuesday, October 3, 2006.5,6
She was buried on 4 October 2006 at Lovelady, Houston County, Texas.
- [S6] Houston County Courier, online http://houstoncountycourier.com/
- [S335] NewsLibrary.com, online http://nl.newsbank.com, Nelda STEWART, Obituary, Austin American-Statesman (TX), July 18, 2017, Edition: Final, Section: METR, Page: B4, Accessed: 20 Aug, 2017, Record Number: 183199.
- [S61] Abilene Christian University, online http://www.acu.edu/centennial/profiles/…
- [S62] Portal To Texas Hstory, online http://texashistory.unt.edu/
- [S332] GenealogyBank, online http://genealogybank.com/, "Abilene Reporter-News", Texas, GenealogyBank.com (https://www.genealogybank.com/doc/obituaries/obit/… : accessed 3 July 2017)
Callie Faye Milliken, longtime library director at Abilene Christian, dies.
- [S332] GenealogyBank, online http://genealogybank.com/, "Longview News-Journal", Texas, GenealogyBank.com (https://www.genealogybank.com/doc/obituaries/obit/… : accessed 30 August 2017)
Callie Faye Milliken.
Carl Elmo Milliken
M, b. 29 November 1926, d. 10 April 1990
Carl Elmo Milliken was born on 29 November 1926 at Texas.1 He was the son of Harvey Arthur Milliken Sr. and Ella Blanche Higginbotham. He died on 10 April 1990 at San Jacinto County, Texas, at age 63.1
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, Rockland Cemetery transcription, Houston County, Texas (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/…).
F, b. after 1812
Caroline Milliken was born after 1812 at Simpson County, Kentucky.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Jesse Milliken and Ann West.1 She married James Buntin after 1830.1
Children of Caroline Milliken and James Buntin
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.487 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
Caroline Gordon Milliken
F, b. circa 1878
Caroline Gordon Milliken also went by the name of Carrie. She was born circa 1878 at USA.1 She was the daughter of Benjamin Hord Milliken and Mary Rebecca Wells. She married F.A. Sullivan circa 1900.1
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Children of John and Harriett Hood, "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 501.
Carolyn Sue Milliken1
F, b. before 1952, d. before 2005
Carolyn Sue Milliken was born before 1952 at Texas. She was the daughter of Robert Hamilton Milliken and Sue Elizabeth Edwards.1 She married William Norman Taylor Jr. before 1962.2 She died before 2005 at Texas.1
Children of Carolyn Sue Milliken and William Norman Taylor Jr.
- [S289] Houston News, online http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/, Archived Obituary: MILLIKEN, Sue E. ; Posted: Monday, August 1, 2005 12:00 am; Updated: 12:12 am, Mon Nov 22, 2010; Accessed: 14 Nov 2014 (http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/archives/milliken-sue-e/…).
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V8JW-YGJ : accessed 15 Nov 2014), Carolyn Sue Milliken in entry for Norman Blake Taylor, 19 Feb 1963; from "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997," index and images, Ancestry.com; citing Texas Department of State Health Services.
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, "Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VD3S-G9Q : accessed 15 Nov 2014), Carolyn Sue Milliken in entry for Roman Blayne Taylor, 22 Jul 1972; from "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997," index and images, Ancestry.com; citing Texas Department of State Health Services.